Friday, September 19, 2008

ASUS AIGuru SV1 First Mobile Skype Phone


ASUS just can’t seem to stop its success lately. Not only do they have those hot netbooks, but they have just added to their success with the world’s first Skype Certified videophone called the AiGuru SV1.

The AiGuru SV1 allows the user to make unlimited phone calls with a webcam, speaker, and microphone, and to see the person he or she is calling with the seven inch screen.

Of course, Skype is a funny thing. There are those who cannot do without it, and there are those who have never tried it. If you are in the former category, then you probably work in some business that requires a lot of video conferencing with clients. If you are in the latter category, then you should also find the SV1 easy to use with an “icon-based interface and intuitive button layout”.

As for the Net connection, the AiGuru allows for an 802.11 b/g wireless or to Ethernet via router. As for the power, it has a rechargeable battery that can operate for about 20 minutes. That might be long enough for a full video conversation, but that might be enough to move the SV1 if need be.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.so you also can read my blog.my blog is aboutAir jordan ,if you like Air jordan or you are intersting in Jordan shoes.welcome to my blog.

Air Jordan 7
Air Jordan 8
Jordan VIII shoes
Air jordan VII
Air jordan VIII

Unknown said...

They have done well with the mini laptops and are now expanding into newer technologies.This could be a good one I suppose.

Sidekick lx

Unknown said...

It is a smart phone that allows users to make free phone calls. It is quite light in weight which makes it easy to carry.

Gadget Tester said...

Great Blog! I love gadgets as well and you have a great collection of cool stuff.

My New Hot Gadget Blog.

Joe said...

Nice man. Extremely informative post. I'll be sure to pass this along to my tech guys.
1978 Honda Civic AC Compressor

Anonymous said...

Chevy W5500 Turbo
Nice post, thanks for sharing this wonderful and useful information with us.

medical accident said...

wow,
the Skype also introduce the phone for their software use only.
Its great to be attach directly by cell phone on Skype without the mobile phone connection.

medical accident

Unknown said...

This is the first time i am reading your post and admire that you posted article which gives users lot of information regarding particular topic thanks for this share.
tech blog

Unknown said...

This is so interesting, and how useful this would be,

Sarah Leslie said...

This is a great development, NB-IoT has enabled gadgets like this.